VGU Merit Scholarship
VGU Merit Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships at Vietnamese-German University (VGU). For each study program, VGU Merit Scholarship is granted to 30% students with the best entrance examination results.
100% of the tuition fee
50% of the tuition fee
25% of the tuition fee
5% of students with the best admission results will receive a scholarship worth 100% of the tuition fee;
10% of students with the next best admission results will receive the scholarships of 50% tuition fee;
15% of students with the next best admission results will receive the scholarships of 25% tuition fee
- Computational Engineering (COM);
- Mechatronics and Sensor Systems Technology (MST);
- Sustainable Urban Development (SUD);
- Global Production Engineering and Management (GPE);
- Water Technology, Reuse and Management (WTE);
- Business Information Systems (BIS);
- IT Security (ITS);
- Global Finance and Economics (GFE).
Selection & Award
- The merit scholarships are defined independently for each admission round based on the applicants’ achievement in the Master entrance examination (10-point grading scale)
- The total score of the entrance examination is calculated from the weighted average of three components with the following ratio:
25% of the Bachelor GPA;
50% of the technical Interview;
25% of the English score.
-To be considered for scholarship selection, the admitted students must fulfill the following conditions for each scholarship category:
25% (Category C)
IELTS ≥ 5.5
50% (Category B)
IELTS ≥ 5.5
100% (Category A)
IELTS ≥ 6.0
The DAAD scholarship, granted by the German Academic Exchange Service, is a scholarship promoting Student & Scientists Exchange program in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship Type 1
1. Eligibility Students of some selected master study programs.
2. Scholarship Value The scholarship covers: Tuition and living expenses for one academic year.
3. Number of scholarships Up to 20% of the total number of students in the respective programs.
4. Selection criteria
- Academic achievement
- English skills (At the time of applying for the scholarship, students are required to submit a valid IELTS Academic 6.0
- no more than 02 years from the test date
- Extracurricular activities
Scholarships for each study program, if any, will be announced at the beginning of the academic year.
DAAD Scholarship Type 2
Học tại Đức
1. Eligibility Students of selected study programs
2. Scholarship value
- Flight cost: approx. 775 EUR
- Living allowance: 750 EUR / month during the stay in Germany (normally from 6 to 12 months)
3. Number of scholarships Max 20% of students of referring study programs
4. Main criteria
- Academic achievement
- English language skills (At the time of application submission, applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS certificate
- maximum 02 years from the test date
- at least band 6)
- German language skills
- Extra-curricular activities
The scholarship, if any, will be announced via email several months before the start of study in Germany.
AFS scholarship is from VGU's friends and supporters Association. The funds for the scholarships are financed by the Hessen Ministry of Economics, Energy, Transport and Regional Development (HMWEVL).
Gifted admitted First-Year students with financial difficulties from all Master Programs at VGU
2. Scholarship Value:
The value of scholarship is 3,000 EUR/student (one-time payment)
3. Number of scholarships: Approx. 15
4. Selection Criteria
-Freshmen with financial difficulty
-Excellent Academic record (Entrance exam results, Academic performance from bachelor level )
-Successfully passed VGU admission process
Note: Female students shall be favored (at least 50% of the number of scholarship shall be granted to Female students). However, Male students are also encouraged to apply.
5. Application period: October of the Admission year.
Note: Students who are granted with Merit scholarship, in case of being chosen, are requested to make a choice for either one of the two granted scholarships.